The arrival of a newborn brings immense joy to the family. Conversely, it can also add stress to a mother as she might be taking on the role of a parent for the first time, worrying over the financial burden or lacking family support.
The birth of a child is always a cause for celebration, no matter what the circumstances may be. Together with NUH Medical Social Work team, our “Tubs of Love” programme was birthed in September 2014 to celebrate the life of newborns. A baby bathtub filled with essential newborn layette items is given out to needy mothers to help them get started on motherhood in the first few months of their child’s life.
Each baby bathtub is filled with the following items:
- Bath tub (Preferred Brand: IKEA)
- One receiving blanket
- 1 set of cotton baby clothing for instance: rompers (select those that provide ease for dressing and diaper change e.g. with press studs)
- 1 set of socks, mittens, & bibs
- One baby towel wrap
- 2 x bag/70pcs size S baby diapers (Preferred Brand: Huggies)
- 2 x bag/50-80pcs wet wipes (Preferred Brand: Huggies/Johnson & Johnson/Pigeon)
- 1 x tube/jar of diaper rash cream
- 1 x 500 ml bottle baby lotion (Preferred Brand: Johnson & Johnson)
- 1 x 500 ml bottle baby body wash (Preferred Brand: Johnson & Johnson)
- One baby thermometer (Preferred Brand: Pigeon)
Estimated Cost of Each Tub: S$130
Click here to get involved.
Messages from Beneficiaries.