The arrival of a newborn child brings immense joy to the family. Conversely, it can also add stress to a mother as she might be taking on the role of a parent for the first time, worrying over the financial burden of caring for the newborn, or lacking family support to see to the needs of her newborn.
The birth of a child is always a cause for celebration, no matter what the circumstances may be. Together with NUH Medical Social Work team, our “Tubs of Love” programme was birthed in September 2014 to celebrate the life of newborns. A baby bathtub filled with essential newborn layette items is given out to needy mothers to help them get started on motherhood in the first few months of their child’s life.
Each baby bathtub is filled with the following items:
- One receiving blanket
- 3 sets of cotton baby clothing including rompers (select those that provide ease for dressing and diaper change e.g. with press studs), socks, mittens, & bibs
- One baby towel wrap
- 2 x bag/24pcs newborn baby diapers (Preferred Brand: Huggies Ultra Newborn Diapers)
- 1 X bag/70pcs S-size baby diapers
- 2 x bag/50-80pcs wet wipes (Preferred Brand: Huggies/Johnson & Johnson)
- 1 x tube/jar of diaper rash cream
- 1 x 500 ml bottle baby lotion (Preferred Brand: Johnson & Johnson)
- 1 x 500 ml bottle baby body wash (Preferred Brand: Johnson & Johnson)
- One baby thermometer
- One soft cloth toy & other safe age appropriate infant toys
Estimated Cost of Each Tub: S$200
Click here to get involved.
Messages from Beneficiaries.